Tuesday 26 July 2016

WAYS TO FEEL BETTER!

First of all you guys, I'd just like to say thankYOU for getting this blog over 9000 views!!! This is literally my biggest achievement and I'm so grateful to be able to share it with all of you.

As most of you can guess by now I'm kinda used to being unhappy about myself and my surroundings, but I've learnt some things on this little journey I've been blessed to be on so I thought I'd share it with you!

So firstly, living with an eating disorder and going into recovery is one of the most challenging times you'll have on this process, letting yourself put weight on a little at a time and making your body recover from not eating for so long it's tricky. - at first and well I still don't like this process but when you first start to put weight on, instead of all the clothes you wore whilst you were ill you can no longer wear so you're either stuck between always wearing trackies or having to make yourself feel bad by wearing your old clothes. My TIP or solution for this is that instead of wanting to loose weight again or feeling insecure and self conscious put the clothes that don't fit and make you feel bad about yourself in the bin. Literally, just bin them.

Secondly, instead of always thinking this journey is going to be sunshine and rainbows ad just because you've had 1 good day so far you think it's always going to be like and that you're better. STOP!  That is NOT how this journey is going to go, I know this because I've felt like this so many times, especially when I've ended up relapsing. My TIP or solution for you is that it's okay to not be okay. If you have a bad day you don't need to force yourself to get out of bed or even go out, literally just get a hot drink or your favourite drink {NON ALCOHOLIC} because alcohol just makes your bad days worse and more continuous - put a movie on, or draw something, create a plan of something so say you're gonna set a date to go out on so you have something to look forward too ahead of time.
Never put yourself down because you see more bad days than good, so what? You've come this far in your journey and that tells me that you're a fighter - so please continue to keep fighting.

And finally, don't underestimate your achievements like if you've finally too that leap of going out for a walk or even going to the shop then baby, that's fucking amazing!! Sometimes the little things matter more than the big things, finally being able to take your dog for a walk without feeling like the world is about to collapse around you is such a freeing feeling and whenever you get the chance even if you don't have a dog - go for a walk and experience that feeling.

"You don't get sunshine without a little rain, but plants need both to grow"

O x

No comments:

Post a Comment